Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power door problem in '12 Caravan Crew?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
moreglory2jesus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power door problem in '12 Caravan Crew?

Please help! We have only had this van for 3 days and surely it is too soon to be taking it in to the shop!

The doors were working perfectly but this morning when I push the key fob button or the ceiling button for the passenger power door, the door opens all the way, then immediately shuts. However, if you look closely, it also isn't fully latching.

What could be the problem? I'm really hoping there is a setting or something that will explain this. I hate to even tell my poor husband that the van we've had for three days is already having issues.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the dodge forum. I am Tizzy, your bearer of bad news. There are no customer settings for the door. If it's doing what you say, you have an issue with it and will need to bring it into the shop. There have been numerous software updates for sliding door issues so it may be that simple or there may be something else. Make sure there isn't something in the track but if you can open it manually, it should open power.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:02 AM
pavigo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will dealer update software for free?

Quick Reply: Power door problem in '12 Caravan Crew?