Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 power sliding door dodge grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
bpearl2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 power sliding door dodge grand caravan

Hello, hoping for help here. Power sliding door does not open. It won't open with overhead button, key fob or manually inside or out. Lock appears to be on and I have opened plastic cover and manually pushed lock open and past but door still won't open. Lock snaps back when you try to unlock it. If the cover is popped open I can push it way past but still doesn't unlock. I can't figure out how to open door to take whole door panel off. I can't get to screws. Please help! Thanks!!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The door panels are a problem, when you can't get the door to open. the member you may want to ask is tizzy1. Send him a pm or wait until he is online.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM
vmaxdude2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will try

Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have responded to your PM. If you have the small cover off by the front inside door open lever and lock button, that's the hardest part with the door closed cause getting to the screws holding that on can be tricky. Once that cover is off there is a 10mm head bolt in there you remove and the rest of the panel is plastic clips. The panel should just pull off. The problem is that the lock actuator has locked up and will need to be replaced. On that model van, they use a door carrier plate that everything in the door is mounted to and it comes out as an assembly. Besides for the new door lock actuator, you will need a new door applique for the c-pillar of the sliding door. It has to be removed to get the carrier plate out and won't come off in one piece, guaranteed. If you would like to attempt this yourself, send me your email and I can send r and r information. I recommend having it done at a shop.

Quick Reply: 2010 power sliding door dodge grand caravan