Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Passenger side blend door

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Jgrady99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side blend door

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same problems. My passenger side climate control is stuck on hot on my 2011 caravan. Can not hear anything moving when adjusting the temp control. Removed the ground on the battery hoping it would recalibrate on its own but no. The blend door actuator is only$60 but the dealership is telling me 7.5 hours labour to install. Has anyone done this themselves? Where is it located?Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Old 04-21-2014, 03:44 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, not quite 7.5 hours, Mitchell pays 0.8 hours to replace the passenger blend door. It is located on the passenger side of the hvac housing kinda behind the glove box and to the left.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Jgrady99

Thanks for the help. Would anyone have a tech drawing by chance?

Old 04-22-2014, 11:01 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For removal? Might be able to email it to you. PM me your email address if you wish

Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Rolldogg

This sounds like a very common reoccurring problem on the DGC's for many years now. I recently purchased my 2014 DGC in December, and have had this problem twice now. I have booked an appointment at my Dodge Dealer to look into it again. The blend door actuator was replaced last month, we'll see what happens on Thursday. All covered under warranty, so no worries.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolldogg
This sounds like a very common reoccurring problem on the DGC's for many years now. I recently purchased my 2014 DGC in December, and have had this problem twice now. I have booked an appointment at my Dodge Dealer to look into it again. The blend door actuator was replaced last month, we'll see what happens on Thursday. All covered under warranty, so no worries.
Best of luck at the dealership! Let us know how it goes!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Rolldogg

I had brought the van in and after some testing, they determined that the HVAC control head would need to be replaced from the code B11C9-00, control head defective). I wonder why that wasn't originally found in January, but I guess the blend door actuator may have been causing a code too. I had to reschedule an appointment the following week when the part came in. Well yesterday they installed a new HVAC control head (Part #68260538-AB Control 24-024-161). So far it has corrected the issue, but it was the same when they had originally replaced the blend door actuator. Only time will tell I guess. I do feel comfortable with the knowledge of my full bumper to bumper, drive train and electrical warranty for the next five years though. Also the dealer provides free lifetime of the vehicle oil changes, so there's a savings too.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:52 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolldogg
I had brought the van in and after some testing, they determined that the HVAC control head would need to be replaced from the code B11C9-00, control head defective). I wonder why that wasn't originally found in January, but I guess the blend door actuator may have been causing a code too. I had to reschedule an appointment the following week when the part came in. Well yesterday they installed a new HVAC control head (Part #68260538-AB Control 24-024-161). So far it has corrected the issue, but it was the same when they had originally replaced the blend door actuator. Only time will tell I guess. I do feel comfortable with the knowledge of my full bumper to bumper, drive train and electrical warranty for the next five years though. Also the dealer provides free lifetime of the vehicle oil changes, so there's a savings too.
Thanks for the update! Happy to hear all is well so far. Be sure to keep us posted if the concern reoccurs.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Hssing Cobra

I have a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan with 15,700 miles on it that I purchased last July and I'm having the same problem. The A/C works fine on the driver's side but the passenger side is not working at all. In fact, the air is coming out hot, as if the heat was turned on high on that side. I'm assuming it's the blend door. I've got an appointment to take it to the dealer this coming Friday so we'll see how that goes. They're also going to fix the low pressure tire warning light, as I haven't been able to get it to go out since the van was two weeks old.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Hssing Cobra

UPDATE: I took the van to the dealer for the scheduled appointment and the service manager called me back the following morning and stated that they couldn't work on the vehicle because I didn't authorize them to do so. Huh? I had an appointment and I filled out the envelope that I put my keys in when I left it with them. Authorization? For what? He explained that if anything wasn't covered by warranty, I'd have to authorize a $110.00 "diagnostic fee". WTF! I bought the car from them and it has a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. I've only owned the damn thing for 10 months! After a very testy conversation, I reluctantly agreed to authorize them to do whatever they need to do but that I'd better not have a bill when I come to pick it up.

They got my low tire pressure warning light to go out and told me that I had four different pressures in the tires and that's what caused it to go on. I disagree with this as I had them all at 52 psi (pressure listed on tires) and at 36 (pressure listed on door jamb sticker) and was using the same gauge that I've used for years at the dragstrip for my race tires on my Mustang. Regardless of how they got it out, at least it's out - for now.

As for the blend door problem, the technician was able to perform a modification to the "head unit" that will temporarily allow the a/c to work on the passenger side. They had to order a new blend door unit and they'll call me when it arrives so that I can schedule another appointment for them to install it. It's been a week so far and I've heard nothing. I'll wait a few more days and if I don't hear anything, I'll call them back.

This is my first time getting service at this dealership and I'm on the fence about going back there at all - even if it's under warranty.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Passenger side blend door