Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Grand Caravan Intake Manifold Gasket and RTV

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 08:36 PM
hbchrist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Grand Caravan Intake Manifold Gasket and RTV

Hello, everyone.

I just replaced the intake manifold gasket on my 3.3L engine on my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan. I followed the procedure for replacing it and putting everything back together. The engine fires up with no issue, and I let it run for about 15 mins and it did not run hot. I have found no leaks from any of the hoses.

I have two questions:
1. Should I have spread RTV sealant around the gasket pan and in the plenum valley? Everything I read or could find says this is NOT necessary. It is the Fel-Pro MS 92808-1.
2. The engine sounds like its running a little loud. I am a novice with this engine. It almost sounds as if there is a lot of liquid splashing around in the manifold, especially the top plenum. I'm sorry I'm at a loss for words, it is the top part, black, that looks like it is made of industrial plastic.

Any guidance on this would be helpful. This is my first go around on this, and I'm always afraid I missed something.

Thanks in advance,
hbchrist

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Grand Caravan Intake Manifold Gasket and RTV