Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 grand caravan tail lamp question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 PM
janicedauw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 grand caravan tail lamp question

My tail lights won't come on even though all the bulbs are good and all the fuses are good. My backup lights, brake lights,and turn signals all work fine. I read something about a circuit board for the tail lamp but can't find any info (including location) or mention of this part anywhere.
My safety check has already expired and I need this fixed ASAP. Thanks for any help with this!!!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the front park lights are working then the switch, BCM, PCI data bus, parking lamp relay and FCM that grounds it are working fine. I would suspect internal problems in the IPM (fuse box) or wiring external to it out to the lights. Might inspect the connections on the IPM. They're known for corrosion problems.

Want the diagram? Send me a private message and include an email address to send it to. How? Click Cougar41 at left. If that doesn't work post your email address on the forum then delete it when you receive the diagram.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-26-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:04 PM
janicedauw

Thanks for the reply. Now I see that my front running lights don't work either.
I will inspect the fuse box but would love the diagram. email is
kahilidauw@yahoo.com
Much aloha.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

Just sent the diagram. Since your front lights aren't working either then you have to include all in the first part of my previous post and not just the fuse box. Either the park lamp relay is bad or it's not getting ground or power as it should. Try swapping the relay with another on the panel.

BTW - I would bet your license plate light is out too.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-27-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 AM
janicedauw
Smile You are so awesome!!!!

Endless thanks for your help. I opened the fuse box and checked out the relays. The tail light relay was missing so I pulled the horn relay and stuck it in the empty lamp relay space. Now all my lights work but the horn won't. I switched the battery emergency turn off relay with the horn and now the horn works also. I'll get my safety inspection done today and will order a new relay to replace the missing one. Actually, I'll order a couple so I have an extra one around if I ever need it. Thanks again for making it all so easy. With the lava pouring down the mountain and right thru our lovely little town, its nice to have something go really smooth. Thanks again Cougar!

Old 10-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

The relay was missing. Well that will sure do it. Any idea why it was missing? Anyway, just happy your lights are working and you're on your way. Lava? We keep hearing about it on the news. Unfortunately, mother nature can be your worst enemy. For us it's earth quakes. Hope you get some good news soon.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 grand caravan tail lamp question