Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: ABS, EPS BAS Parking lights..

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:04 PM
ptmdiam1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS, EPS BAS Parking lights..

Hi All

Car noob here, and i want to get more knowledgable about what my mechanic might repair

i own a 2008 dodge caravan - had the wheel bearings (both front) replaced this past spring. just did the EGR valve!

When i turn on the van the dashboard is clean, but when i start driving, the following lights come up ABS, EPS/BAS, and Parking Brake... this just happen today. i drove the van, and it drove fine... braked fine...

what does this mean... can i still drive...

i have a basic ODBII reader and plugged it in, no codes came out of it..

Old 07-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All that falls under chassis codes. An ordinary scanner won't read them. You'll have to buy one or find a shop that has one. Normal culprit is a wheel sensor but a code would confirm it.

If it weren't for the BRAKE light you could drive it safely. That light is not only for your parking brake but also for your front/rear brake system. It could indicate something as simple as low fluid or as serious as a system fault such as a cracked brake line or blown seal. You'll have to get it looked at asap.

Last edited by Cougar41; 07-25-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:49 AM
ptmdiam1
Amateur

the lights went away... does that mean we okay?

Old 08-01-2014, 05:16 PM
redparrot

I had this problem intermittently and got code for right front wheel speed sensor.Found the right front sensor connector backed out about 1/8 of an inch. Pushed it tight and wraped with silicon tape and problem went away

Old 08-02-2014, 10:42 AM
ptmdiam1
Amateur

Hi Redparrot

thanx - is it possible for you to take a picture of it. It will show me what i need to look for and tighten.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 PM
rexmanno

My 2008 GC 3.3l is doing the exact same thing, this has been going on for over a year, it comes and goes so I'm not too concerned about it, will be taken care of I hope when I get to change out my front struts.
Does anyone know the proper distance for the ABS sensor?
Two years ago I had problems with the ignition key fob, on friday evening my key fob stopped working, towed it in to the local dealer, told me the computer was no good, I told them to try a new key fob, I watched them try two different Dodge troubleshooting computers, both gave different codes, had to leave the car in the shop over the weekend, monday morning they called me and told me they had programmed a new key fob and that was the entire problem, so as you can see, I do not trust my dealer so I try to do as much as I can on my own, if not I will take the car in to a Electric shop that knows what to look for the first time.
I now have 160000 km on her, just hope she continues on without too many problems.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: ABS, EPS BAS Parking lights..