Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 04 Grand Caravan Multiple DTC Bad Fuel Economy, P0001, P0200, P3FE0

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Brian_N_Cols_OH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Grand Caravan Multiple DTC Bad Fuel Economy, P0001, P0200, P3FE0

Hi, I have a 2004 Grand Caravan and I'm experiencing some issues. The Check Engine Light was NOT on, yet when I attached the OBD II reader I collected multiple codes. The engine feels smooth 95% of the time, but it experiences little "hiccups" where it feels like it suddenly lost fuel or misfired. The hiccups seem to happen both at idle and when the engine is at higher RPM (like on the highway). They especially happen when there is any additional load on the engine (going up hill). I am getting terrible MPG - maybe about 17 total.

Here are the codes
P0001 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit/Open
P3FE0 - Check service notebook!
P0200 - Injector Circuit
and after clearing things out I also sometimes get these instead:

P0003 - Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit Low
P3F00 - Check service notebook!
P1A31 - Check service notebook!

Here is what I have done recently:
Injector cleaner
Changed plugs
Changed wires
Changed ignition coil

Changed air filter

Need ideas from this point. Picked up a fuel pressure regulator, but I'm not sure where it goes - is it on the tank? Before I start going to the tank I want to make sure I'm doing the right things. What about MAP sensor? Fuel filter? Any other sensors?

Please help...

Old 07-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Consider scanning with another scanner. Some of those codes sound bogus for your van. Were these pending codes? Would explain the lack of a CE light. Free scans at AutoZone and other parts stores.

I'll stick with the P0200. That's an unidentified fault in the fuel injector circuit. Early to mid 4th generation minivans are plagued by a poorly routed fuel injector wire bundle behind the engine near the exhaust manifold. I would remove the covering and inspect for melted wire insulation and bare wires. Testing PCM injector pulses with a noid light probably won't reveal anything because of it's intermittent nature unless you can get it to "skip" at idle in your driveway.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 04 Grand Caravan Multiple DTC Bad Fuel Economy, P0001, P0200, P3FE0