Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Rpms high car not moving slow. help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for trying to help me.

I haven't been able to use computer for 3 days. i let van sit for 3 days. i just drove it 3 or 4 miles all is well. but the two times acted up was after 20 minutes anyway. could one of the suspects be the tranny shutdown relay. i was a demo on youtube of guy having van run in limp. he used test light and only got one leg of the relay to have power. the mechanic said there should be tow legs with power. he then went below van and traced the bundle of wires within a harness down by tranny.

he opened it up and two wires barely touching one another. i could buy a test light to test for this this and see if i get power or is it a waste of time and 10 bucks for the test light. maybe the wire heats up and arks. i just don't know. there is no way i can spend over 200 bucks for the fix and the fix must be one that works.

computer: so computers sometimes are intermittent. we have got tons of rain here every day. could water be playing havoc with wires?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 PM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved. Waited to report before writing this up. It did end up being caliper. I changed it. no more heat in passenger wheel. Then same thing happened 3 days later but this time front drivers side. I had put pads on the drivers side after doing passengers side. I did the drivers pads few days later after passenger. I believe the drivers caliper went bad after putting in pads for the drivers side. I believe that when i squeeze in the piston of the caliper to put on pads of drivers side that it was enough pressure to cause a sticking out of the pad against rotor on drivers side.

I therefore changed the caliper on drivers side and no more heated up wheel. Just wanted to provide feedback for someone who may in future experience this.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice work. Went through it on mine.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Rpms high car not moving slow. help please