Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Anti-Theft Alarm??? Does my Caravan have it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 AM
bensonshaw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Alarm??? Does my Caravan have it?

Hello All,

I'm not sure if my Caravan has the anti theft alarm and isn't working, or if it isn't equiped with the alarm.
How can I tell?
There is the round indicator on the information panel that blinks for about 15 seconds when I'm locking the doors.
Yes when I try the door handle, no alarm goes off.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone advice?

I did find the vin decoder here on dodgeforum. It doesn't list that I have the alarm.

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:54 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Roll the drivers window down, shut the door, lock it with the fob. Wait a minute or two, then reach INside the window and open the door with the inside door handle.

It's not a tamper or shake type g-sensor alarm. Plus you should have SKREEM key with the chip in it. That's the ignition disable part.

Last edited by TNtech; 08-15-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:29 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bensonshaw
Hello All,

I'm not sure if my Caravan has the anti theft alarm and isn't working, or if it isn't equiped with the alarm.
How can I tell?
There is the round indicator on the information panel that blinks for about 15 seconds when I'm locking the doors.
Yes when I try the door handle, no alarm goes off.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone advice?

I did find the vin decoder here on dodgeforum. It doesn't list that I have the alarm.

Thanks.
Have someone sit inside when you remotely lock the vehicle and have them open the door. If there is an alarm on it, it should sound off once the door is open.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Send me the last 8 of your VIN in a PM and I'll look for you

Old 08-19-2014, 09:49 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

most manufactorers don't have alarms on the newer just have the chip key with maybe a red dot on dash or radio that blinks. like said lock yourself in the car close the doors remote. then if open doors that should set off any audioble noise alarms. ( alarms are useless at most cause ive seen people just not even care to bother to see who set it off)

Old 08-19-2014, 10:10 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
most manufactorers don't have alarms on the newer just have the chip key with maybe a red dot on dash or radio that blinks. like said lock yourself in the car close the doors remote. then if open doors that should set off any audioble noise alarms. ( alarms are useless at most cause ive seen people just not even care to bother to see who set it off)

They're for waking you up after the thief is gone.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:33 AM
bensonshaw

Hello All,

I did what was suggested - locked the car but with the window open. Then reaching inside to open the door.

Yes there seemed to be an alarm - the head lights and parking lights flashed.
I don't know if the horn blew because I have horn problems. I fixed the horn so it works from the steering wheel but otherwise it doesn't.

So thanks for all the help.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 PM
tjnc
Professional

Yeah none of the factory alarm systems have shock, heat, or motion sensors. It basically uses the door ajar sensors in every configuration. If I'm not mistaken it's as simple as plugging a controller in to an empty socket under the dash to enable the factory alarm system(I think it replaces the other RF based remote controller if you have that)..

Chip-key is a different story, you have to take it to a dealer and have PCM flashing done for that and use a special ignition switch part and connect an antenna wire to the BCM socket..

Last edited by tjnc; 08-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Anti-Theft Alarm??? Does my Caravan have it?