Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Grand Caravan Error Codes from the Dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:58 PM
RandySmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I forgot to mention, transmission fluid level looks okay. Checked while idling in neutral and the little dots on the dip stick are filled with red transmission fluid. The fluid looks thinner than I remember. Its been a while. Anyway, its due for a change, I'm just over 100k.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:17 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep, get it to a trans guy. Even if it needs a rebuild or a pump or whatever, pushing it too hard in limp-in can damage a "hard part" and make the rebuild jump several hundred bucks.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:43 PM
RandySmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, $990 later I have my van back. 4 hours of labour at $96 per hour and 2 solenoids and seals, fluid and filter change. Although my wallet hurts I was happy to be shifting.

That is until I parked at the grocery store, put it in park and turned it off. When I went to start again the shifter was stuck in "R" ... where it remains. Called a friend to get a ride home and my van remains there parked while I figure out what to do.

I guess I'll start another thread for that one. Sigh!

Cheers,
Randy

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Grand Caravan Error Codes from the Dash