Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Bluetooth, uconnect, does not work, dealership can't fix, unhappy, new vehicle!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:40 PM
jenmontana
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bluetooth, uconnect, does not work, dealership can't fix, unhappy, new vehicle!

I have a 2014 Dodge Caravan, when I place a phone call, most of the time, it says "phone call completed" after it starts to connect on the van, on my phone it is still running. I took it to the dealership and they checked for updates, said there was none. Suggested I use keypad to make phone calls instead of pressing uconnect phone button. This is not an option, it is illegal in my state to use phone while driving! I am able to receive calls with no problem. I have never owned a new vehicle and I thought warranty should cover something like this, but dealership apologized and could not fix. Need advice.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:24 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

take it to another dealer. what model you have? google how to do a master reset, although theres a engineering menu. right now forget off my head but i would be very carefull what you press in there, just go to the factory reset. try that then reset the phone. pair it. then retry. what phone is it? mine is a rer older one than the garmin one now. it had a update for the iphone previous issues. i would try the reset. if that does not work you probably need new unit. i go to another dealer. go to the dodge website and look at the updates as well. you can download or request cd. then try update it. under warranty it should work.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:12 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

We're having the same issue with our Galaxy S3 and Droid 4. Where can these updates be found?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jenmontana
I have a 2014 Dodge Caravan, when I place a phone call, most of the time, it says "phone call completed" after it starts to connect on the van, on my phone it is still running. I took it to the dealership and they checked for updates, said there was none. Suggested I use keypad to make phone calls instead of pressing uconnect phone button. This is not an option, it is illegal in my state to use phone while driving! I am able to receive calls with no problem. I have never owned a new vehicle and I thought warranty should cover something like this, but dealership apologized and could not fix. Need advice.
I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the uconnect system on your new vehicle. Did the dealer contact Uconnect for assistance? Their number is 877 855-8400.

Old 10-10-2014, 10:24 AM
J Wikoff
Rookie

I found the update site. Our van has the latest.

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

I also found a bluetooth compatibility site. My phone is not listed at all, and my wife's S3 has partial compatibility.

http://www.uconnectphone.com/

It seems like dealers are unaware of this listing.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 AM
jenmontana
Default called uconnect

U valled uconnect of Chrysler and they said it is a known issue and are working in update with no specific timeline.

Originally Posted by J Wikoff
We're having the same issue with our Galaxy S3 and Droid 4. Where can these updates be found?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Bluetooth, uconnect, does not work, dealership can't fix, unhappy, new vehicle!