Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2009 Grand Caravan - No Heat, Vent Direction Won't Change

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 03:14 PM
jackiep@cmcompany.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Grand Caravan - No Heat, Vent Direction Won't Change

My heater is only blowing cold air and only out the front panel. The vent won't switch directions.

Codes that came up are B10A7, B10A2, B1058, B1052, B1040, B103A. I am being told I have to take it to the dealer to have it fixed. I had a terrible experience at the Dealer recently and I DO NOT want to go back. The thing is, I am wondering if what they did recently could have caused this heater issue. In late July, they replaced the Cluster Assembly and WIN module. They also fixed recalls J29 (Radiator Cap), K14 (Power Sliding Door and K31 (Drain Kit - HVAC).

I am a struggling single mother and could really use some help from someone who isn't trying to "herd me through the cattle shoot"....

Thank you!!

Last edited by jackiep@cmcompany.com; 10-27-2014 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typeo
Old 10-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dealer cause heater issue? It's possible but tough to prove unless they left something disconnected. Now that it's 3 months later it's damned near impossible to prove.

What's are the links between your problems and their work? 1) The cluster, WIN, door module and climate control panel are all on the CAN data bus. That's a communications network all the modules use to communicate on. 2) I'm only guessing but they may have had to disconnect the climate control panel to do the HVAC drain recall.

One quick thing to try is pull the IOD fuse in the fuse box (TIPM). This will reset the data bus and maybe your climate system. Disconnecting the negative battery cable for 5 minutes will accomplish the same but be aware you may loose radio presets and you may have to reset the radio with a code to bring it back to life. Check your owners manual. You could also just make sure the climate panel connections are connected.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-27-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2009 Grand Caravan - No Heat, Vent Direction Won't Change