Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Takes time to start on incline

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 PM
JohnnyGP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Takes time to start on incline

My 2000 Grand Caravan has for years had a problem that it would sometimes take sometime to start. Once it was started once it would start first try for the rest of the day. I moved jut over a year ago and the problem was a lot less frequent. We stayed at my in laws house for 2 weekends a couple weeks ago. It was then that I realized how to recreate the problem. If it is parked on an incline over night it will not start up right away. I had to jump start it twice because it would take so long to start. The next weekend I parked sideways on the hill and had no problems starting the next morning.

I tried to find something on it but I don't know enough about it to search for a solution. I assume that its a fuel issue I just don't know where to start.
Thanks for any help on this problem.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Your fuel pump is most likely leaking down pressure. Sign of a pump on its way out. I'd start there.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Takes time to start on incline