Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Dreaded P0441 evap emissions code

Old 11-07-2014, 10:03 PM
rustyedge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dreaded P0441 evap emissions code

So my 07 GC gets the dreaded P0441 code. I do my online research and determine I do not want the hassle of trying to figure out which component is actually causing it. It looks to be a trial and error process. I take it to my local shop and he says the best approach is a new evap pump and surrounding 4 hoses. A very common G Caravan issue and he's done lots of them. He also wants $600 to do it. At least he was nice enough to say it will not at all affect the drive ability of the vehicle if you want to live with the engine light on. I picked it up and happily paid his $112 diagnostic fee. On the estimate it shows the 5 Dodge part numbers. Online I can buy everything for $130.

Question is how hard of a job is this? I am wanting to tackle this myself. Can a seasoned do -it-your-selfer like me get it done laying on the garage floor and lifting and jack-standing the vehicle?

Thanks for all replies.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
crappymechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same issue. From what I read you can start with replacing the gas cap.

Also just checking in to see if you tackled the problem yet?

Old 11-17-2014, 01:16 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If you have the right scan tool to run the monitor test for the Evap system, they're not so bad to diagnose. Without it, it's a shot in the dark as most of the codes are 2 or 3 trip failures.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 PM
rustyedge
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not done anything other than to put a cut out black circle over the illuminated engine light. Maybe eventually I will look into replacing the components but for now I will drive it as is.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Dreaded P0441 evap emissions code