Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: No headlights

Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Anyway, You said that I eliminated the FCM. I don't think I did."

Uh oh. I misread your post #7. Post #9 says it's now replaced. Hope that does it. If it's still not working with the replacement FCM, georgef's post warrants another look at the switch.

Last edited by Cougar41; 11-21-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:37 PM
tdidog
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by georgef
I know you said you checked the switch, but the NHTSA did an investigation regarding "Loss of headlight illumination" on Model Year 2005 and early 2006 Chrysler Minivans. The problem description was: "Complainants allege that the headlights will not illuminate (turn on) or will extinguish (go out) after being turned on. This can occur while the vehicle is at rest, or while it is being driven."

As a result of the investigation Chrysler instituted a lifetime warranty for the affected switches, it may be worth double checking your switch.

And here a link to the NHTSA findings:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...11010-4398.PDF

Here is the relevant quote from that document:

George
Thanks George. So if it happens again, I should have the drive turn the lights on-off-on-off-on and see if they come on. If they do, it's a bad switch and I need to get a new switch in there. If it doesn't come on, then I'm back to troubleshooting. I have a good wiring diagram (thanks Coug) and now I see that the light switch runs off of different resistors. One power wire coming in and one signal wire coming out. Where the switch is, changes the resistance on the signal wire.

It said that it happens at higher mileage. Does 450,000 miles count?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: No headlights