Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: attn dodge masterminds: 07 Caravan Liftgate swap options... 03 T&C?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:15 PM
xbeerd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn dodge masterminds: 07 Caravan Liftgate swap options... 03 T&C?

Just wanted to update this for informational purposes]: I spoke with a guy at a junkyard regarding the interchangeablility and the only notes he could find with the 2 lift gates in question, the 03 and the 04-07 were 2 things... different level of tint, and rear defroster on the glass. that being said, if you get a door you can do 2 things, find your friend who works in the glass replacement industry to swap the windows if he can get it of with out breaking it. or just live with out rear defrost.

Hi guys, we got rear ended, and need new rear liftgate/rear door (non powered). the interchange says 04-07 Caravan are the options we have for replacements.

I was in the junkyard and found a 03 town and country that had a good liftgate with amazingly no rust. it was sitting right back to back with a 05 GC, looking at the 2, i can not see the difference between the 2 doors. Can i use the 03 town and country liftgate on my 07 grand caravan?

is it a matter of swapping wiring out and body panels and the metal door is same? if that is all it is, thats no problem for me to do.

i wish i would have taken a picture but its 10 degrees out so we were movin pretty quick

Last edited by xbeerd; 12-02-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: information update....
Old 11-24-2014, 10:00 AM
xbeerd

i guess im really asking what is different between the 2, the tail lights appear identical, the lines of the door appear the same. other than that, what could prevent the body/glass from being used? hinges? latch?

Old 12-02-2014, 12:09 PM
xbeerd

updated original post for information gained.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: attn dodge masterminds: 07 Caravan Liftgate swap options... 03 T&C?