Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - No Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 PM
Bash_Man
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - No Alarm

Hey everyone,
my dad recently purchased a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, which he is so far very happy with. Until the other day when he found out that his car doesn't have an alarm arm option.

Yes, it beeps when you lock with the Key fob, but it doesnt seem to have a built in security system.

Examples:
- if you start the car with the key fob, you're still able to Lock/unlock the doors with it.
- If you lower the window, turn the car off and lock the doors, you're able to open the car door by reaching inside without triggering the car's alarm.

is that something common? he went to the dealership where he bought it from and they said there's nothing they can do for him.

any recommendations or anyone else run into this "issue"?

Thanks

Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bash_Man
Hey everyone,
my dad recently purchased a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, which he is so far very happy with. Until the other day when he found out that his car doesn't have an alarm arm option.

Yes, it beeps when you lock with the Key fob, but it doesnt seem to have a built in security system.

Examples:
- if you start the car with the key fob, you're still able to Lock/unlock the doors with it.
- If you lower the window, turn the car off and lock the doors, you're able to open the car door by reaching inside without triggering the car's alarm.

is that something common? he went to the dealership where he bought it from and they said there's nothing they can do for him.

any recommendations or anyone else run into this "issue"?

Thanks
Bash_Man,

I have included a link to the "owners" section of the Dodge Canada website. On the left hand side you will see a section labeled "Equipment Listing". This will allow you to input the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN #) and obtain a list of all standard and optional equipment on the vehicle at the time of build.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/Recall.html

Old 11-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Bash_Man
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
Bash_Man,

I have included a link to the "owners" section of the Dodge Canada website. On the left hand side you will see a section labeled "Equipment Listing". This will allow you to input the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN #) and obtain a list of all standard and optional equipment on the vehicle at the time of build.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/Recall.html
Thank you Dave. I've saved a copy of the .pdf produced and supplied it to my dad.

regards

Old 11-26-2014, 08:11 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bash_Man
Thank you Dave. I've saved a copy of the .pdf produced and supplied it to my dad.

regards
Bash_Man,

Excellent! I'm happy to be of assistance.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - No Alarm