Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Battery light

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Sallys van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light

Hello everyone.I have a grand caravan 2005 with the battery light on.....we change the alternator and the battery with new ones, but the light remains on.
Help please! any ideas.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:57 PM
UltraMag50
Professional

Im no expert on newer vehicles, especially when everything is controlled by computers, but have you checked all the fuses to make sure none are blown? There may also be fusible links along the charging system. They're fairly easy to spot; look for charred/burned wires leading from the alternator or battery. Good luck

Old 11-29-2014, 09:33 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

check voltage. battery should not be less than 12.5v off and I think when vehicle runs 14.5 or 13.5volts.. if it is and the battery was replaced new. I suspect you have a alternator issue. most times battery dies because alternator stops charging it and then the vehicle draws the power from the battery. easy to do to take the alternator and battery and they can check it on bench at parts store.

Quick Reply: [General]: Battery light