Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Window motor broke the glass??

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:54 PM
RenHoek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window motor broke the glass??

Just a normal day in the GC, had the window open about an inch. Pulled in at home and raised the window heard a loud SNAP!!

Confused I rolled the window down and the glass just fell into the door... can't get the glass to come up either, door makes grinding noises so I'd rather not touch it.

What does this mean? I'm fairly handy (I do my own brakes!) but I've never gone into the trim before. Could I do this myself?

Any estimates on cost?

ANY and ALL advice is totally welcome!!

It's raining, thank goodness for garages!

Old 12-01-2014, 05:39 PM
RenHoek

Well, because of the weather I have to get this taken care of quickly. Took the GC to my local dealer and coughed up $150 for an inspection. It turns out the window regulator is broken, thank goodness the glass is in one piece! This will set me back $440...

but...

can I do it on my own?? I'm going to give it a shot and I'll let you all know the outcome...

Here goes nothin'!!

Old 12-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to YouTube and type "dodge caravan window regulator" in the search block. You won't see a video for a 2011 but there's some there that will give you an idea of what's coming. Regulator assemblies cost $50 -$120.

Old 12-14-2014, 04:30 AM
RenHoek

Swap went great! Hattip to Cougar41, the video did help. 2011 GC door panel is different from the one shown but the basic remain the same. Parts came to $60 and it took about 2hrs. (and I worked slow...).

I totally regret taking any pics/vid...

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Window motor broke the glass??