Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: The turn signal killed my battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:18 PM
vegasfunes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The turn signal killed my battery

A couple of days ago, my left blinker stopped working properly. The right blinker works fine.

The left blinker on the front stays solid while the rear left blinker does not light up. When I turn the car off, sometimes the left signal stays on solid and I have to move the signal stick up an down until the left signal turns off.

Today, I didn't notice that the left signal stayed on, and the light drained the battery.

On further inspection the bulb is just fine, and after putting the original bulb back (and charging the battery), it works intermittently. I am not sure what part needs to be replaced/cleaned. any ideas?

Old 12-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First I would suspect the combination flasher module on the fuse relay panel under the dash. Don't throw money at it. Remove it from the panel, take the cover off and using a soldering iron, reflow the solder joints securing the external contacts to the internal circuit board. Common fix for 3rd generation van turn sig problems. No time right now? Just wiggling it will sometimes bring the signals back to life at least as a temp fix.

Next I would look at the turn sig switch. Disconnect the negative battery cable to stop any chance of blowing an airbag then remove the steering column panels to get at the connector. Once there follow this chart to test the switch with a multimeter: http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automo...vanmfs_1_1.jpg

Last edited by Cougar41; 12-15-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: The turn signal killed my battery