Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Programming key remote

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 06:41 PM
bjh1225
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Programming key remote

We bought a 2000 Grand Caravan which has Idenity Theft installed. The factory service manual and online instructions for programming a remote key fob are not working. I purchased 2 remote fobs as none came with the caravan. We have very thoroughly followed the instructions for programming the fob. The problem is that we do not hear a beep after releasing the Panic and Unlock buttons as instructed and the programming is not in effect. We have tried this several times during the past 2 weeks. Please advise me as to what we may be doing wrong.

Thanks,

Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 PM
hoosierrun
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The self programming feature only works for making a 3rd key when you have 2 working FOB or master keys that were already programmed and working with the vehicle. You will need to go to the dealer or a locksmith that specializes in making automobile keys for newer vehicles.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:37 PM
bjh1225
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Problem solved

When they closed so many auto dealerships our small town lost the 4 that were located here. We decided to call the nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealer to see about having the remote fobs programmed. They gave us a 'same day' appt so we drove down to their business and they programmed our remotes for us for $50. I feel that was a fair price and I am happy to have the remotes working.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Programming key remote