Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Ever have one of those weeks ? (stereo probs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:31 PM
carafan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever have one of those weeks ? (stereo probs)

07 Caravan had the factory non infinity cd player took it out and installed an older pioneer with removable faceplate this worked great for about a month .

The faceplate i guess developed a short or maybe bent pins where it connects clock would cut out then come back if you touched it sometimes it would cut out when adjusting settings/volume etc been too busy to look at it and it didnt seem like a huge deal yesterday the power started cutting out the unit beeps when it loses power as a reminder to take the faceplate with you then beeps once when you re connect it .

It stopped powering up period shortly after so i removed it and installed an alpine deck no power to that either. The alpine deck was tested on a bench supply it does work the pioneer was tested also it does not work anymore .

I tred the original working factory unit no power to that either but what i noticed is if i push the time button the unit will power up the clock will light the cd mechanism will make noises like it is looking for a cd 5 seconds later it powers down again the clock display will go off as well. This happens regardless of ignition position.
During all this if you push the time button the unit is keeping time so that would rule out the IOD fuse .
I checked all the fuses in the IPM including fuse 14 (IOD) replaced the accessory relay with a known good one although i really did not think that was the issue tested for power at pins 12,1 and 2 of the radio harness 12 and 1 show power 2 does not . I really cant see this being a broken wire or a short i do think it is something really stupid my sleep deprived brain is missing .
ideas ?
help ?

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Ever have one of those weeks ? (stereo probs)