Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Electrical issues BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:03 PM
p_barrette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues BCM?

Hey guys, 07 caravan sxt here with some electrical ghosts. I've been chasing wires for a few weeks to no avail. I'm starting to think the BCM is pooched and would like to hear some thoughts. Starts runs and drives like a brand new van. Minus the crap listed below.

Symptoms.
No Fob, door locks, power doors, no dome light with ignition off.

Power locks, power door and dome light work with ignition on.

No radio at all ignition on or off.

Brake lights and shifter lock flickering on and off with no input to the peddle. (I ruled out the break peddle switch by disconcerting it and it produced the Same symptoms)

I removed the IOD fuse and the break light and shifter lock work fine.

Everything worked fine until I parked it for about three weeks. Had to boost it and all this started. I'm thinking it has to be the BCM but I'm not sure. I could use some advise. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure sounds like it. Two thoughts. Have you disconnected the negative battery cable for 30 minutes sometime after the jump? Could have just dumped part of it's program when you jumped the van. Might consider having it reprogrammed before changing it. Any bus codes on the cluster test or even normal DTC codes and a CE light?

Last edited by Cougar41; 03-28-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:26 PM
p_barrette
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks or the reply.

No codes or mil lights on the dash. The battery was removed for a couple days for use in another van. I haven't tried the cluster test yet. Never really thought of trying that with the cluster working fine. Worth a try I guess. Trying to avoid the dealership if I can but it's looking like I don't have a choice.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:22 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by p_barrette
Thanks or the reply.

No codes or mil lights on the dash. The battery was removed for a couple days for use in another van. I haven't tried the cluster test yet. Never really thought of trying that with the cluster working fine. Worth a try I guess. Trying to avoid the dealership if I can but it's looking like I don't have a choice.
Sorry to hear about your concerns. Please keep us posted on what you decide to do and/or the resolution!

Old 03-30-2015, 12:24 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Double and triple check ALL the fuses before you jump in the deep end.

The most common issue with these BCMs is the door lock outputs going dead. Usually you can wake them up temporarily with a battery disconnect. Be aware that the reman BCMs can also come faulty. I've replaced as many as 4 before on one van for the same thing.

Last edited by TNtech; 03-30-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Electrical issues BCM?