Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: fuel problems -Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 AM
hidden1
Captain
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default fuel problems -Help

I have a91 caravan and im extremely irritated with finding out exactly what is wrong as far as fuel and pump,etc.Ive replaced the fuel pump 2 times over the last week only to see it bog down a mile from home and not restart.

the psi was reading 34 after install of 2nd pump and i went 100 mile fine on the 34 psi yesterday...
The fuel schrader valve had originally been leaking and i had to reprime it to start then no issue-originally-
I also changed filter and checked the regulator-both ok but getting correct schrader valve has been issue w core being readable.
I also cleaned contacts and switched out auto shut down relay.Pressure goes up 5-7 psi if i disconnect regulator and no fuel is present there.I even cleaned out tank before 2nd install

It just broke down again after i replaced core to a different one and the pressure guage was low with it fluctuating on psi.Are aftermarket pumps online, junk?

I am not wanting to go to a 3rd pump but not sure what else to do or check -and i dont want to end up stranded for a 3rd time if i can help it!

Any info on what to look at/check/test?
thanks!

Last edited by hidden1; 03-29-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:15 PM
hidden1
Captain
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Fixed~~
it was the coolant temp sensor!! how that effects the fuel psi by 10 is not understood but it jumped 10 psi to 44 after i replaced it from hidden code 17 - engine temp too cool ..

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: fuel problems -Help