Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[1st Gen : 84-90]: '89 Caravan fuel line ?s

Old 04-23-2015, 01:45 AM
Broke_in_Kansas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '89 Caravan fuel line ?s

I am a disabled woman, and on a very small income.
Friends of friends helped me get an inherited '89 Caravan hauled home so I would have a vehicle.
While unloading it they somehow tore up a fuel line under the van & fuel pumped out onto the driveway; now of course it won't run.

Long story short, my question(s):
1] Can it be replaced for little cost with some rubber hose (what size) or will this cost as much as a weeks worth of groceries?
2] How do I do it?
3] What tools will I need?

If you could direct me to a free source for good illustrations it would help me try to get this fixed a lot.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on which engine you have. If the injector is in the throttle body and you don't have a turbo, it's a low pressure system and you might be able to get by with a rubber hose. But if it's a high pressure system, no way rubber will work.

This is raw fuel you're dealing with here and the possibility of fire. This is a job for a shop, not a DIY project.

I know you're broke, but you also don't want to be fried.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Broke_in_Kansas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great News

A friend of a friend of a friend (who just happens to be a mechanic) volunteered to do the job in exchange for help with a project of his that I know how to do, because he recognized the details in my request here for help! He told me NOT to say who he is, or I would thank him here; so I guess I will have to settle for just thanking him anonymously.
It only cost a few dollars for parts, and I am able to get around when I need to rather than begging rides or waiting for the bus.

Bartering makes living affordable once again.

Last edited by Broke_in_Kansas; 05-02-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [1st Gen : 84-90]: '89 Caravan fuel line ?s