Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2015 GC SXT Plus upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:50 AM
pat767
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 GC SXT Plus upgrades...

Good day!

New to the forums!

We just bought our van and totally love it. But there are a few conversions I'd like to know if are possible to do at all...

1) converting both sliding doors and lift gate to electric

2) side mirrors: to change the casing to match vehicle color... is it necessary to change the whole mirror assy or is there a cover or casing that can be purchased while reusing the inner components and mirror glass?

VIN: 2C4RDGBG3FR647327

Thanks for your help!

Links to parts and or procedures with images from service manuals or other would be appreciated. I had a lot of trouble via Google. Perhaps some of you have access to other tools.

Regards,

Pat

Old 04-30-2015, 09:36 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adding power sliding doors would be a huge, costly task. According to a Honda Odyssey forum post I found on a Google search, adding power sliding doors would require you to take apart the dash to install the switches and wiring (I believe on the GC the front switches are in the front overhead panel so that means taking apart the headliner and one of the A pillars), taking apart the floor or headliner to run wiring to the doors, taking apart the B pillar to install switches and wiring, taking apart the doors to install motors and safety sensors, and taking apart the inside rear trim to install a motor. Additionally, if you want full OEM functionality you would need a new 5 button FOBIK, which would require a dealership to modify the PCM or BCM to accommodate that functionality as well as add those FOBIKs to the WIN to enable them to start the car. I am pretty sure all of that would cost more than the price difference for a van that was already equipped with power doors. But I don't know your situation, so please don't take my comments as being judgmental.

Having said that, it is entirely possible (I don't know how likely) that there is an outfit out there that modifies vans for the disabled that might be able to do this for you cheaper but without giving you all of the OEM functionality.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 AM
pat767

Originally Posted by kuyabribri
Adding power sliding doors would be a huge, costly task. According to a Honda Odyssey forum post I found on a Google search, adding power sliding doors would require you to take apart the dash to install the switches and wiring (I believe on the GC the front switches are in the front overhead panel so that means taking apart the headliner and one of the A pillars), taking apart the floor or headliner to run wiring to the doors, taking apart the B pillar to install switches and wiring, taking apart the doors to install motors and safety sensors, and taking apart the inside rear trim to install a motor. Additionally, if you want full OEM functionality you would need a new 5 button FOBIK, which would require a dealership to modify the PCM or BCM to accommodate that functionality as well as add those FOBIKs to the WIN to enable them to start the car. I am pretty sure all of that would cost more than the price difference for a van that was already equipped with power doors. But I don't know your situation, so please don't take my comments as being judgmental.

Having said that, it is entirely possible (I don't know how likely) that there is an outfit out there that modifies vans for the disabled that might be able to do this for you cheaper but without giving you all of the OEM functionality.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess it's a no-brainer, then. I'll have to live without them...

What about the side mirror mod?

Old 05-03-2015, 08:20 AM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about a cover for the mirror housing or a mirror housing by itself, but you might be able to get complete T&C mirrors from a junkyard. You might not even have to get a matching color if you can get someone to paint it the correct color. Just a thought.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:56 PM
pat767

Well, I ended up with at 2105 Grand Caravan 30th Anniversary SXT Premium Plus, loaded with electrical sliding doors and trunk; the 430N radio that I needed, as well as the paint matched mirror covers. Looks like I won't have any mods to do after all.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards

Pat

Old 05-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Calopez_22
Default Radio

Would it be possible to upgrade base radio to touchscreen model?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2015 GC SXT Plus upgrades...