Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: TIPM Replacement

Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 PM
08GoldGCSXT4.0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TIPM Replacement

All,

My 08 GC SXT 4.0 V6 started going crazy earlier this week. Horn blaring, wipers going, washer fluid squirting, lights flashing, etc.

Sorry to be beating a dead horse here, but I have done some reading on the internet and this forum and everything seems to point to the TIPM (totally integrated power module) as the problem.

My OBD II scanner return error codes U0141, P0883, and P0890, which kinda confirm the TIPM as the culprit.

The vehicle is at the local dealer for a diagnosis, they said it probably was the TIPM with a $600 + labor cost.

Can anyone help me with locating a NEW TIPM for less than $600. I have searched the internet, but couldn't find any less than that. I'd go for a remanufactured one if I knew it wouldn't cause anymore problems.

Also, DIY projects are no problem for me and I saw where several folks on this forum were able to program a new TIPM themselves.

Many, many thanks for everyone's help on this.

GO MOPAR

Old 05-05-2015, 04:45 PM
08GoldGCSXT4.0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expensive Repair - TIPM Replacement

All,

I decided to get the local dealership (Petersburg, VA) to do the TIPM replacement. Total cost is ~$812.00 (included new TIPM, diagnosis and labor). I was able to talk the dealer down ~$150 for a new TIPM plus got his warranty (paid $565 instead of $710 as originally quoted).

For anyone else that may have this problem in the future, here are some tips. I did some internet research on pricing and found two cheaper option, but required some headache that I decided to avoid.

1) Check out AES Modules. http://www.aesmodules.com/ ask for Tucker 1-888-593-2261. They quoted me $229.99 to repair the TIPM. I had to pay shipping, no warranty and no car for at least a week plus I saw a few questionable reviews for them on line.

2) Contact wermopar.com They were very helpful and quoted me $465.66 + ~$40 for shipping for a new TIPM with 1-yr/unlimited mileage warranty. I would still need to get the dealer to program the new TIPM and return my old TIPM to them to get my $125 core charge back.

Hopefully this info will help some of you in the future save some $$$ as it did me.

There is no par for MOPAR,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: TIPM Replacement