Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: 06 caravan

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:54 PM
faith5justice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 caravan

I have an 06 2.4 liter caravan se. About 3mnths ago I got gas from a station I never use only cause my gas light was on. As soon as I started it back up and got about a mile down the road it started to sputter and almost killed. I figured bad gas or water in the gas. Put some sea foam in the tank. It got a little better but now it still sputters sometimes especially if the gas gets low and right after fill up. Only does this on a idle. Other than that it runs perfect. Did have a misfire code come back but reset the computer and did not have any other codes or check engine light come on for a about 21/2 months. this morning after getting to work the check engine light came on while it was sputtering at an idle with the code p0304 misfire on 4. What could be causing this? I know what the code says but the plugs are only about 8mnths old. Could this be caused by the bad gas?

Old 05-06-2015, 02:05 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Bad gas or a fuel pump going bad.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:38 PM
faith5justice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile thank you

Thank you. I will try to drain the tank first to see if that works.

Quick Reply: [General]: 06 caravan