Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Part name/number?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 PM
resucami
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part name/number?

Hello Forum,

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE. I broke a little white clip that keeps the metal rod for the lock mechanism of the left front door connected to the plastic door panel (and the handle that opens the door from the inside) when removing the door panel today. I have no idea how this part is called. Does somebody here by chance know what I am talking about, and how this part is called, and where I could buy it? That would be really great.

I will try to upload a picture later to make more clear what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot.

resucami

Old 05-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most logical step would be to stop by a dealership. They can show you a parts breakdown on a screen and between the two of you you should be able to find it. Should be around $5. Or you could take the clip to a parts store or body shop and try to match it up with what they have. Probably called a door handle linkage retaining clip. I've broken a couple.

Last edited by Cougar41; 05-23-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:33 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does it look something like this:

That is a known by a couple names such as "Latch Link Clip" and "Door Lock Rod Clip"

The one shown above is Mopar part number 04658677, for the left door.

I have seen assortment packs of these clips in the HELP! section of auto parts stores.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Part name/number?