Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 GC Rear Blower Motor Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 08:30 AM
JFGATOR67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 GC Rear Blower Motor Not Working

I have a 2008 GC...Rear A/C blower quit working totally...my wife says that it was blowing intermittently before it quit...didn't notice any drop down with speeds when it was working...trying to troubleshoot this...started with going to local auto parts store to buy a replacement relay for rear blower...they gave me a square shaped 5 prong relay, which doesn't match the one that I took out of the K9 slot (it is smaller)...any suggestions on how to figure this out on my own rather than having to take it to the dealer?
Also, where is the rear blower motor located, and how is the panel removed to get to it? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:56 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Why are you jumping to replacing a relay? Have you checked the fuse? Resister?

Old 05-25-2015, 11:06 AM
JFGATOR67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked the fuse...it is good...I have no idea where the resistor is....guessing it is back where the blower motor is and I haven't torn into that yet (looks like it might be a major undertaking)...just trying to eliminate the easiest options...I'll pay $20 for the relay...if it fixes the problem great...if not I have a new relay and I will press on trying to solve the problem....

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 GC Rear Blower Motor Not Working