Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Does factory warrenty cover the USB cover?

Old 05-27-2015, 06:51 AM
DigitalMariner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does factory warrenty cover the USB cover?

Just bought a new-to-me '14 GC over the weekend. The first time I opened the tab covering the USB input on my media center (uconnect 430), it felt VERY flimsy and I made a mental note to be careful with it in the future to try not to break it off. Yesterday, I noticed the tab was gone. I searched inside the cabin (it's 4 days in my possession, so not a mess yet!) bit could not find the piece to even try and reattach it.

The car still has about 5,500 miles remaining on the original warranty. Is replacing/repairing the little tab something that would be covered or I am stuck looking at the uncovered slot on my media center for the rest of time?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:51 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Thats a question to ask your servicing dealer. Or read the fine print in your warranty paperwork.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 PM
DigitalMariner

I was hoping to know the answer prior to contacting the service department. I haven't yet come across a copy of the original manufacturer warranty in my pile of paperwork, but I'll continue looking.

With such a flimsy rubber part I thought this might have been the place to look for others who might have had an issue with it breaking off in their van and what may have been done about it.

I'm new to the Dodge family, so if there's a better forum to ask other questions in the future, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's not covered under the warranty, you can order one from your dealer. The MRSP is $11.20 (Part # 68164511AA).

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...8164511AA.html

Old 06-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Batt4Christ

Will depend on the dealer...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Does factory warrenty cover the USB cover?