Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Help! Please! Van's been at dealership for 3 Weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 11:54 AM
galwaygirlatheart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Please! Van's been at dealership for 3 Weeks!

I haven't been able to drive my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan for almost six weeks now because it's been stalling. It's been at the dealership for three weeks now and they still have no idea what the issue is. It's had a new camshaft sensor, throttle body, plugs and wires, new MAP sensor, new (refurbished) TIPM, ignition recall replaced, and a complete electrical test on every wire and it's still stalling!

Old 05-29-2015, 08:17 PM
mirageman
Professional

I hope it's under warrantee, and I hope they don't charge you for all the parts they threw at it.....wow. It's at the right place though. A stuck torque converter comes to my mind.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by galwaygirlatheart
I haven't been able to drive my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan for almost six weeks now because it's been stalling. It's been at the dealership for three weeks now and they still have no idea what the issue is. It's had a new camshaft sensor, throttle body, plugs and wires, new MAP sensor, new (refurbished) TIPM, ignition recall replaced, and a complete electrical test on every wire and it's still stalling!
galwaygirlatheart,

I'm sorry to hear you stalling concern remains. Please keep an eye on your PM inbox.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:33 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully, Chrysler or the dealer have stepped up to the plate and given you a loaner. Otherwise, that's totally not acceptable. Dealers can supposedly charge high rates due to their training and expertise and for 3 weeks to go by without a solution, might mean taking it, one way or another, to another dealer.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM
galwaygirlatheart

Update on the van. It's at a new dealership that is trying to get us a loaner car because the other one didn't have any. We brought it to a new dealership yesterday and they called this morning and said the tech believes it's a bad EGR valve. The other dealership had looked at the EGR and said it was fine and we'd had him disconnect it and drive it and the van had still stalled so I'm really hoping the new dealership is right about this. We've already spent 1300 dollars.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:56 PM
kallsop
Rookie

Originally Posted by galwaygirlatheart
...the tech believes it's a bad EGR valve. ...We've already spent 1300 dollars.
Our '08 3.3L van had its EGR go bad, caused the van to stall at low rpm's. Fortunately it set a CEL and the code identified the EGR. I read somewhere that the CEL logic for EGR is calibrated to avoid false positives, and it misses some actual positives. It's not an uncommon failure, the previous dealer should have known to check the EGR - really check it, not depend on the CEL.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:58 PM
galwaygirlatheart

Update: New dealership put new EGR valve in. It lurched and stalled before I was 20 feet out the driveway. They are now looking into wiring in the "shift shifter" and the transmission specifically the torque converter and flex plate/fly wheel.

Quick Reply: [General]: Help! Please! Van's been at dealership for 3 Weeks!