Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Adding bluetooth 2014 GC R/T

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Tim.reams
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding bluetooth 2014 GC R/T

So the wife bought a 14 GC rt tonight and assumed it had bluetooth. It has the rbz radio so what do I need to add bt/hands free/uconnect?

Old 06-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Batt4Christ

Been wondering the exact same thing - we also just bought a 2014 GC R/T. I was disappointed when I got the "unavailable" message when pushing the phone button on the U430 head unit.

http://www.mopar.com/dodge/grand-car...2171/311/5330/

Old 06-15-2015, 04:31 AM
guitarchrislp

I'm in the same boat as well, just bought a 2014 R/T, with the buttons, but no bluetooth. Keep me posted if you all find anything out. I think the kits in the link are correct, but you also have to have the dealer program something after install.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Batt4Christ

Originally Posted by guitarchrislp
I'm in the same boat as well, just bought a 2014 R/T, with the buttons, but no bluetooth. Keep me posted if you all find anything out. I think the kits in the link are correct, but you also have to have the dealer program something after install.
Yes - the fine print on the page indicates that the dealer has to program it into the order code for the radio to recognize the added OEM kit. At that price, I'm about inclined to just buy an aftermarket bluetooth speakerphone for her sun visor... That is an insane cost for what costs Chrysler less than $15... Indeed - at the MSRP, programming and installation should be included!!! Good grief!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Adding bluetooth 2014 GC R/T