Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Rear A/C blowing warm air 2011

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM
gzerkle1@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear A/C blowing warm air 2011

My 2011 Grand Caravan is blowing warm air from all vents in the back. It has dual climate control. The front works great, we have to crank it up all the way to cool my kids in the back so we get darn cold up front! I assume since the front a/c works so well that there is not a coolant leak and that it is something mechanical? Also, all of the control ***** appear to be working the way they should.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:07 AM
wcknight
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Rear A/C

This seems to be a common problem.
Mine failed last week also.
From what I read there are two issues, a firmware upgrade to the HVAC computer or the actuator that controls the temperature
Apparently these blend actuators fail both in the rear a/c and in the front isolating the passenger side from the driver side.
Will know Thursday

Old 06-15-2015, 08:37 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gzerkle1@gmail.com
My 2011 Grand Caravan is blowing warm air from all vents in the back. It has dual climate control. The front works great, we have to crank it up all the way to cool my kids in the back so we get darn cold up front! I assume since the front a/c works so well that there is not a coolant leak and that it is something mechanical? Also, all of the control ***** appear to be working the way they should.
gzerkle1@gmail.com,

Welcome to the forum.
Bring your Grand Caravan over to your local Dodge dealer as there may be a software flash to resolve this issue.
Keep us posted if you can!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Rear A/C blowing warm air 2011