Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Abs light came on today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 10:46 AM
jbh50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs light came on today

Hi. Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

The yellow ABS light came on in my 2003 Caravan today. I've never had this happen before. I live on an island with several auto repair shops, but no dealer. Will this mean I need a trip off-island to the dealer?? ($$$$$!)

My husband thinks we need to check the brake fluid (when it stops raining)... Could this be it? What else could cause the ABS light to come on?

Thanks
JBH

Old 06-21-2015, 02:14 PM
tjnc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheel speed sensor or ABS valve block. It's been on in the last three I've owned and passed inspection in a OBD emissions state and had no noticeable effect..

The wheel speed sensors are around $90 for front and $80 for back. Back are super easy to replace, but fronts have tight work space.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:48 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think at least one of your shops has a scanner capable of reading ABS fault codes. Not all scanners can. The code will indicate where the problem lies either in a replaceable part or the circuit that feeds it. A speed sensor would be at the top of my list.

Quick Reply: [General]: Abs light came on today