Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Power Sliding Door Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 02:45 PM
hfd315
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Power Sliding Door Help

I have a 2008 GCV SXT with the power sliding rear doors. I had problems with the door lock actuator ot workig so I got a new one from the dealer. I took the whole doo down and found that they had sent me one for the passenger side. I switched the arms from the old one to the new one hoping that was the only difference. when I put the door back together the rod that runs to the manual switch wouldn't stay on because te little orange clip was broken. The power d/l still wouldn't work so I just left it unlocked until I could get another one. I took the van in to get the oil changed the other day and they called me and told me I had 5 updates on the van that needed to be done. I told them to go ahead and do it since they had the van anyway. Well now the power lock switch worked once and locked the door but now it won't unlock. Sice the rod is not in the door I can't manually unlock it either. Is there anything I can do to get the door open so I can put the rod back in? They told me the correct door lock actuator will be in on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Power Sliding Door Help