Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: how to change the harmonic balancer on a 3.3 liter grand caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 01:41 PM
blaqyukon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation how to change the harmonic balancer on a 3.3 liter grand caravan

hi my dodge family man i dont know where to start ok i had my motor and tranny rebuilt, which was a issue, anyway the suppose to be mechanic was pissed because i handled the whole thing as far and the rebuilders where concern, anyway he puts the motor and tranny back in the car, then calls me to tell me the harmonic balancer was bad, and few other things but i was so pissed i went and took my car back i had it towed the fool told me i can drive the car, and i said no i towed it back home, so the question is i bought a harmonic balancer, i done some research and from what i read the best way to remove it is on the passenger side of the car, after removing the wheels and the wheel well cover is that correct? and since the idler wheel was making noise i bought an idler and belt tension adjusting kit, by gates, since i was all ready up in the car, do yall agree? it sad i cant find a good mechanic in nyc, am a computer tech i hate going back to my old field, i guess its good to have your old skills at hand.. the motor runs great except for the harmnic bal wobbling and tge idler wheel sounding like a pack of mice under the hood..

Last edited by blaqyukon; 06-27-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: how to change the harmonic balancer on a 3.3 liter grand caravan