Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: At what point would you ditch Comp and Collision insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At what point would you ditch Comp and Collision insurance?

I have an '05 DGC in not that great of condition anymore (lets face it, its a 10 year old family, farmer's market, art show, vendor mobile), I would call it low "fair" on a KBB scale.

Anyway, its got 155k on the ODO, its been paid off for over a year and I still have comp and collision insurance on it.
Based on typical insurance-company-mentality I feel they would likely "total" it in the event of an accident because they're heavy and expensive to repair. But the flipside to that is, I don't know how well they really do hold up so if it gets into a fender bender is it worth the repair?

Has anyone had any fender benders or a "totaled" DGC that they could share some insight on? Does insurance just throw these things away?
My deductible is $1000 for anything comp/collision related which is pretty steep unless it saves the van from a marginally totaled situation...

I'd be saving nearly $200 every 6 months

Last edited by 211; 07-14-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:14 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have collision because the cost doesn't justify the potential payout but do have $250 deductible comprehensive.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: At what point would you ditch Comp and Collision insurance?