Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Thermostat replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 05:01 PM
crxmanpat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermostat replacement

Getting ready to replace the t-stat and hoses on my 2011 GC Crew 3.6L Pentastar FlexFuel. Anything in particular I need to know about this, such as any special tools, seals or gaskets needed? I searched here, but couldn't find anything specific.

After having the TIPM replaced and making sure the vanes on the condenser coil and radiator were free of debris, the van is still getting hotter than normal. I'm starting with the t-stat (van has 100K miles, so it probably needs a new one anyway), and then working my way through the cooling system from there. Have not yet looked at the water pump, but at 100K I'm getting close to a new timing belt and will look at it then. The van has always had Chrysler HOAT coolant in it.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 PM
crxmanpat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I was shocked to find out that you can't buy the t-stat just by itself, it comes packaged with the ring seal and the housing.

I was even more shocked to find out it was only $17.50, and that was at the dealership!

Hoses....well now, that's a different story.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Thermostat replacement