Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Rust - Recalls Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:45 PM
jamejedi
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Rust - Recalls Complaints

Hi,

I cant believe the rust on this van. The pinch weld where the can is jacked up is rotten. The jack goes up, but van does not. The area is crumpling with the weight of the van.

Who can I contact about this? I would have thought that it was unacceptable?

I am in Canada, and contacted Fiat Chrysler Canada; they said there was no recall. I lodged a complaint. They said there is nothing that they will do. They will not follow up on the complaint.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrysler would go bankrupt if they had to fix the rust on all these vans. Very poorly designed(along with the electrical systems).

Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical System Problems?

Originally Posted by mfahey
Chrysler would go bankrupt if they had to fix the rust on all these vans. Very poorly designed(along with the electrical systems).

What are the electrical problems you speak of? I have 2 vans and have had no problems in over 300,000 miles.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:50 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offgas
What are the electrical problems you speak of? I have 2 vans and have had no problems in over 300,000 miles.
There are innumerable threads on Chrysler van sites about ECM/BCM/TCM issues along with injector wiring harnesses taking out the ECM. I was on a Bonneville site for a long time and can't ever recall a single computer issue while I've had to replace the ECM on our van to get the cruise control working again.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:25 PM
cv2003
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My following comment applies only to gen 4 (2001-2007), which is the only one I'm really familiar with. It's true that the injector harness on the 2001-2003 was and still is a major issue. It's well known to have caused numerous owners all types of performance problems up to and including PCMs getting trashed. However, that issue was (quietly) fixed by rerouting this harness to the passenger side starting in '04. It's the only systemic electrical issue I'm aware of (and I've spent LOTS of time on these gen 4 forums). Sure there are always going to be occasional wiring problems just like with every other make, but again I'm not aware of anything other than the early injector harness that occurs with any regularity. So IMO, one specific problem that was subsequently fixed doesn't qualify as "poorly designed electrical systems". Now if anyone wants to say those early injector harnesses should have been recalled (since Chrysler was FULLY aware of the problem), I'd be at the front of the line with a yes vote on that.

But I agree completely on the rocker (and other) rust issue. The rockers on these vans rot out like clockwork, far too soon. Very poor design along with metal that had little or no factory rust proofing.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Rust - Recalls Complaints