Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Bad Wire Harness?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
galwaygirlatheart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad Wire Harness?

Please help! My van has been at multiple dealerships since April for the same problem. It's an 09 Grand Caravan with over 100k miles on it. It's had a new throttle boy, Map Sensor, Cam and Crank Sensor, EGR, TIPM, plugs and wires, ignition switch and a complete wire test done. But it's still stalling intermittently. You can drive it one day with no stalling and the next it can stall 5 times at stop lights and signs and when your slowing down. The dealership it's at now discovered that if you turned the AC on it would stall within one minute which leads him to believe it's an electrical issue. He had the ECM tested and that came back fine, so now he believes it's the wire harness. I'm praying he's right because that's almost $900 and we've already put 2300 into this. Any help would be so appreciated! Thank you!

Old 09-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure of the current status of this investigation: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...htsa/16496795/

There is also a class action lawsuit against Chrysler regarding TIPMs and stalling. Status unknown. As I recall it involves a faulty fuel pump relay in the TIPM.

Your TIPM was replaced but did they just install a new TIPM with the same problem?????

Last edited by Cougar41; 09-03-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Bad Wire Harness?