Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Grand Caravan Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 11:06 AM
dodge78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Grand Caravan Rear Brakes

Hello We got a 2008 Grand Caravan a little over 2 years ago from the Dodge Dealer in Reno. And we have been having Rear Brake problems for a little over a year and half with the Rear Passenger Sticking. I had them both replace because when we took it into service it they saw that both Brakes even the Rotors where bad and unevenly wearing after they replaced them it was still sticking on the right side and my wife took it back because of burning brake smell they replaced what they thought was bad 2 different times. We thought they where fix but just a 2 weeks ago we took it in for the oil change and tire Rotation and guess what the brake on the right side was gone so they warrantied them out again and guess what same **** is happening I have no Idea what to do its the primary car that the kids are always in and I want it safe. I wish I would have saw this when we first got the car then I could have possible used the lemon law on it. So does anyone have any Ideas? I could use your help. Thanks

Old 09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I would check the rubber brake hoses at the suspect wheel. Could be collapsed inside and acting like a check valve. Letting pressure in, but not out. I had a car do that to me once. Replaced the brakes a couple of times before finally finding the collapsed hose. Just a thought. Also, you didn't say what they actually replaced. Just the pads or have they replaced the calipers? Calipers could be sticking too. Or is it drum brakes on the rear?

Old 09-08-2015, 11:35 AM
dodge78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced

They are Disc Brakes and They Replaced the Pad,Rotors and the Calipers on both sides. and thanks for the Idea I will pass that on to my mechanic.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:00 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If'n it was mine, i would carefully inspect to see if calipers were smoothly moving across the caliper bracket. Also check to see if pads were moving smoothly across the calipers. Grind or file if clearances are too tight. Clean and lube properly. Also check to verify park brake is releasing properly. Only after the above is OK, would i replace the brake hoses, unless they appear defective. Good luck,...offgas

Last edited by offgas; 09-11-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Grand Caravan Rear Brakes