Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Random Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:07 PM
radjamel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Acceleration

Have my Dodge 2011 Caravan with over 100,000 miles. Recently having random acceleration issues. Every morning, when i am starting up the van, the RPM would jump without pressing on the gas. Pull out of the garage, drive for a few minutes, it would randomly accelerate without pressing on the gas. A few times, I would be at a stop light with my foot on the breaks and it would accelerate.
I would like to have an idea of what might be wrong before I take it in.
Thanks

Old 09-30-2015, 11:29 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I tried looking for a service bulletin for what you're experiencing, but unfortunately it doesn't look like there is one. Are you experiencing any other symptoms along with this, or do you notice any specific conditions when this happens?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:01 AM
radjamel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does have some difficulties shifting into gear.

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
I tried looking for a service bulletin for what you're experiencing, but unfortunately it doesn't look like there is one. Are you experiencing any other symptoms along with this, or do you notice any specific conditions when this happens?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I couldn't find any info on that either, unfortunately. My recommendation would be to bring your vehicle to a FCA dealership. If you decide to do so and would like assistance scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Random Acceleration