Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Right Front Hub Assy change

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:15 PM
redparrot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right Front Hub Assy change

Hello from Mississauga Ontario Canada.I have a 2010 Dodge Caravan SE with 70000 KM's.It has all highway miles and due to midnight shifts no bumper to bumper traffic jams.So far I am happy with my caravan but it is on it's third set of brake rotors and pads!!!.Just before my warranty ran out at 5 years I had a good look at my front wheel bearings but could find no fault.Sure enough 3 months later I started to get Right Front ABS fault codes followed within a week by a loud howl from the front.Checked Dodge Forum for advise and watched some youtube video's.Got A MOOG Front Wheel Hub for 190 dollars CDN Found a 32 m axel nut socket at Canadian tire for 16 dollars.The old hub was stuck so used the hammer and chisel method with no joy. Got out my rivet gun with a chisel bit and after about 1 hour using lots of spray out it came.Found a slight burr on knuckle face so dressed it out and torqued axel nut to 120 foot pounds.I wanted to get a new axel nut but the dealer could not even find the part number!!! Remember to retorque axel nut after the test drive.The Dodge dealer is useless just a bunch of scam artists.They wanted 270 bucks plus tax and told me they only sell them in pairs!!! If I want my nuts stripped I will do it myself thanx!!!Keep up the good work at Dodge Forum

Old 11-27-2015, 05:24 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For future reference the part number for the axle nut is 6105190AA.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...6105190AA.html

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Right Front Hub Assy change