Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Sway Bar Links

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:14 PM
mlowell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Sway Bar Links

I need to have these replacement and do not want to pay the dealership to do so, my husband is going to see how easy it is to do himself, can anyone give me some information on how to do this and where I can find what I need to fix it?

Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: 2003 Sway Bar Links

Should be easy to do by himself. He wouls have to remove the front wheels and the links he will see right behind the brake rotors attaching the strut to the sway bar. He'll probably have to use vise-grips (if there is no notch by the rubber boot for a wrench) to hold the stud. If the threads are rusty, I suggest wire brushing them down good otherwise it will be a long night! Then just remove the links, install the new ones (There will be a notch on the stud to hold the stud from turning). I also suggest having both wheels off the ground at the same time as with just one the sway bar is under stress and it may be difficult to remove the links.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 AM
mlowell

Thank you for replying this helps alot! I am also trying to find these online to puchase instead of having to buy them from Chrysler but I am not having any luck. I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE.

Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

You are better off getting them at the dealer, the ones they have available now are much better than the originals, failure rate of the new ones so far has been zero since they were updated last year. They are made by the company that makes them for Mercedes. The links and 4 new nuts will cost you roughtly $95 at the dealer, I can get them and ship them to you for $80

Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 AM
login1

The new swaybar links are much better than the old plastic backed ones but there are better aftermarket links in my opinion. Also, do not get fooled that it is the links if they have been replaced previously under warranty. The sway bar bushing have a high wear rate also and give the same annoying sound as the links.

Quick Reply: 2003 Sway Bar Links