Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Difficulties putting van in park

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:18 PM
smelanson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulties putting van in park

I have a 3.3l 09 GC, 4SP transmission, when warm it becomes difficult to put in park. I am usually able to get it in park by giving the shifter a small bump, pushing the cable under the hood slightly or if the van is parked on a hill if it rolls slightly it will go in. When this happens the box that highlights the gear disappears, I am unable to change gears to reverse, etc and cannot remove the key. From what I can tell it does appear that that the transmission is in park. The issue appeared after a recall was done on the WIN module, the dealer did replace it again and I replaced the shift mechanism, however the issue is still present. Anyone come across this? I am thinking it may be the cable but am not sure.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:49 PM
smelanson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cable worked, however, there was a zip tie with the cable, anyone know what that would be for? My old cable is slightly different then this one

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Difficulties putting van in park