Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: My four wheeling wife...

Old 07-29-2016, 04:01 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face My four wheeling wife...

I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife...

If you're on any OTHER part of this website, you probably know about my '92 Ramcharger, and perhaps my DD - my lifted Jeep Commander. Ever since FUDD got a worse idea - by eliminating the Panther platform, to build under-powered shiiteboxes... I've become a MOPAR man - 10 years running now.

My wife DID have a beautiful '08 Grand Caravan SXT since 2011; came with EVERY option except sunroof. 3.8L V-6 spun the tires EVERY time I got in it (my Jeep and RC have slightly less giddyap to 'em ). And it was that beautiful Tangerine Sunburst color, with somewhat off-white interior.

UNFORTUNATELY... (I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... )... she's just NOT a good driver. I mean, I take my Ramcharger OFF-road - drive over rocks, through streams, & through the woods, and it comes out muddy, but without a scratch on it. She manages to do more MORE damage to her van, driving in a straight line down the highway!

Soooooooooo... she comes home last Monday afternoon after a doctor appointment and says, "I think I broke the van!"

To wit.

Name:  100_2222_zpspmokhysp.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  254.1 KB

To FURTHER wit.

Name:  100_2220_zpsuuukrltx.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  261.5 KB

I saw the tiremark on the concrete barrier where I THINK she hit it last week - she got lucky she didn't flip the whole thing over, as hard as she hit it. And this on top of the $3000 damage she did a few years ago, driving too fast in the snow, and hitting the retaining wall in our driveway. I filed THAT one on the insurance, but I knew we were looking at $5k or more on this, SOOOOOOOOOO...

Three Rules of Minivan Ownership:

1) Never WRECK one you're STILL paying on
2) NEVER trade it in, when you're upside-down on value (which we DEFINITELY were after THIS!), and -
3) NEVER buy a NEW minivan.

Welllllll... ... being over a barrel, I took delivery last Friday, of... this.

Name:  100_2227_zpsdmymjtih.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  242.1 KB
Name:  100_2226_zpse4ibzgs6.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  225.0 KB
Name:  100_2225_zpsopecii0u.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  227.4 KB

2016 SE Plus. Has 1 mile on it, here in the pictures.

I EXPLAINED to the wife... AGAIN... (I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... )... that after interest, principle, oil changes, belts, hoses, tires, front end alignments, insurance, brake jobs, and other maintenance, this will be a $150,000 vehicle, by the TIME it's paid off! And it has to last at least ANOTHER 5+ years beyond THAT! I told her, this is the LAST new vehicle you get, for the rest of MY life (if I die, she can take the insurance, buy a Hellcat Challenger and go nuts - I won't care THEN).

Gonna get the TST undercoat (oil) and extended warranty, since we HAFTA make it last this long. Nothing takes the edge off getting a new vehicle, like the reality of financing.

Wife and daughter, about to drive away in my life (and next THREE lives) savings...

Name:  100_2228_zps69uhxdnx.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  232.2 KB

Old 07-29-2016, 05:48 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I like that story. Lol. Congrats on the new ride and sorry about the other one.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:45 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

Sorry to say this I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... would BEEN I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife...

does not look to bad of a repair or even I straighten it up again to allow door to work. SHE going to crash it again by the sounds of it lol. + I like the orange color better . and I HATE PAYMENTS.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:51 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
Sorry to say this I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... would BEEN I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife - I HATE my wife...
Been married 20 years - too late to start hatin' now...

does not look to bad of a repair or even I straighten it up again to allow door to work. SHE going to crash it again by the sounds of it lol. + I like the orange color better . and I HATE PAYMENTS.
I'm pretty sure they packed it straight away to auction. If she crashes it again, I'm having the Amish build me a custom 4 point harness; she can hitch up the kids and have them pull her around in it like a buggy.

I liked the orange better too, and now I REALLY hate payments! Thankfully, the Jeep is paid off in a few months.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:52 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both look like great vans.
She's lucky to have an understanding man like you. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:42 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's not how you 4-wheel a minivan.......

It's done like this:

Sorry to hear about your loss, although the replacement is pretty sexy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: My four wheeling wife...