Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Out of the blue.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Dbruce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of the blue.....

Hello, Let me tell y'all a story bout a man named Jed....No really, This is what happened: My son drove his 2012 Grand Caravan down out of the mountains where they live, to our house in Denver. The plan was: the Caravan would stay at our house for 5 days while they were at Disney World in Florida. So we all piled into my Conversion van (Grand kids and all) and took them to the Airport. 6 days later, we picked them up at the Airport. A good time was had by all! Here's where it gets weird. They have never had any problems with the Caravan. But, they only made it a few miles down the road from our house and broke down. Tranny lurching, motor sputtering, then died. Check engine light came on. Motor would start, but tranny wouldn't engage, then motor would die. So we picked them up and took them home. Had the Caravan towed back to our house. Motor started for me, so I put it in drive: tranny engaged, rolled forward a bit, then it felt like the tranny briefly disengaged, then came back, so I shut it down. Did I mention this is the 6 cyl. with the Sealed Tranny? Nice! So I ran a diagnostic. I should mention there are no fluid leaks, and again, no prior problems, it just sat in front of my house for 5 days! Results: 6 error codes. As listed: 1) P06DA oil pressure sensor. (oil is new, reservoir is full). 2) PO868 low trans fluid pressure. 3) PO846 trans fluid pressure sensor B/switch. 4) PO731 Gear #1 incorrect ratio. 5) PO733 Gear #2. 6) PO734 Gear #4.... I'm thinking (hoping!), we lost the fluid pressure sensor B/ switch (PO846) and that may have caused the other codes. anybody have any ideas on this? Y'all come back now....hear Thank you! Dbruce

Last edited by Dbruce; 08-04-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:19 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

I not sure on it either but reading the list does sound like it could be the sensor causing the other codes. check wiring harness too see if nay are chewed by a squirrel. I did find nuts in my engine once .

Old 08-09-2016, 02:49 PM
The War Wagon
Professional
Red face

High altitude, 85 octane problems? Sitting for 5 days after a big change in altitude? NEVER considered those issues, until I first visited my in-laws in Chadron, NE 20 years ago. Never even KNEW there was an 85 octane gas, 'til I saw it out there.

Bad sensors will throw EVERYTHING into a tailspin, though!

Old 08-10-2016, 12:42 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I correct? Lower octane for higher altitudes?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Out of the blue.....