Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: radiator

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 07:36 PM
billy bobster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator

a mechanic told me that the inside of the radiator can become clogged where the trans lines go through the radiator as a result of debris from the clutches disintegrating. is this true or false ? anybody else have any experience with this ? thanks-

Old 08-16-2016, 08:23 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is true, however it is not too common. That is why it is important to change the fluid and filter. If the transmission is being rebuilt or replaced, be sure to purge these lines and the cooler portion of the radiator.

Old 08-17-2016, 11:16 AM
billy bobster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dear offgas- can you please explain a little further. you say its not to common, but it just so happened to me ? do you know why ? because I don't have a GOOD, good luck charm so i'm thinking. so that aside how do I do this ? have you done this procedure before ? can I do this myself or do I need professional help ? and why would the cooler portion need to be done as you describe ? I don't see that being effected ? please do explain. thank you betty, betty much. BB

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: radiator