Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: TPMS / Tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 02:19 PM
fourtwenty420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS / Tuner question

Hi all, new 2014 Caravan SXT owner. I'm looking into winter tires and am trying to figure out the TPMS thing. Not interested in buying new sensors for the winter rims. I've had many wranglers in the past and Jeepers are hardcore DIYs and have found many work-arounds for annoying "features" Chrysler puts in. The way I dealt with the TPMS on my Jeeps was to deactivate the sensors via a Tuner. Basically setting the threshold at 0PSI deactivated the system. Perhaps they were allowed to make this adjustable on Jeeps for off-roading as I believe it was something that happened automatically when you shifted into 4WD low, so you could deflate your tires for better off-road performance.

Anyways, I have 2 questions.

First off, is there a tuner available for these things?

Second question, is there a chart somewhere that shows the compatibility of the TPMS sensors from year to year? That way if I find a set of used winter rims/tires with sensors already installed I can figure out if they are compatible with my year. I know every few years they would change them so there wasn't much cross over.

The "black tape mod" is a last resort.

Thanks!

Old 08-19-2016, 07:41 PM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like straight-forward, very basic questions to me. Good luck.

Last edited by offgas; 08-19-2016 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: TPMS / Tuner question